Contacts / Connections
Library / Resources
General | Top
Q: What is my username/password?
A: To log in to MemberConnect, use the same username and password that you use to log in to your NQF dashboard. If you have forgotten your username or password, or need assistance with your login information, please click here
Q: How do I update my contact information?
A: To change your mailing address, phone, or email, go to your profile page by clicking on My Profile in the blue bar or on your picture in the top right of the screen, then on the Profile button. Then select the pencil icon next to "Contact Details" in the left column. If you want to change anything else, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How do I control what information is visible in My Profile?
A: Please navigate to your profile page (see directions above), then select the "My Account" tab and choose "Privacy Settings" from the drop-down menu. This will let you control what information is visible to whom. After you’ve made changes, click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Contacts / Connections | Top
Q: How do I find other members?
A: Click the “Make Connections" tab found in the blue, main navigation bar. Choose Member Directory if you will be searching for individuals or Company Directory if you will be searching for organizations that are members of NQF. You will find many ways to search for people, such as by name, organization, interest, sector, and more. Be sure to scroll down to see all your options.
Q: How do I add contacts to my contact list?
A: There are several ways to add contacts. When you perform a search in the Directory, you will see an “Add as contact” button to the right of each person in your search results. Just click this button to send a contact request. If you click through and view an individual’s profile, you can click the contact request link to the right of his or her profile picture. You'll know they've accepted your invitation when you see them in your My Connections tab in your profile.
Q: Why should I add contacts to my contact list?
A: Creating this virtual address book makes it easy to send your contacts messages through MemberConnect. You can stay in touch, ask questions or even build a referral network. Additionally, when you view another member’s profile, you’ll be able to see any contacts you have in common.
Communities / Discussions | Top
Q: How can I control the frequency and format of emails I receive?
A: Navigate to your profile (My Profile in the blue banner) and click on the "My Account" tab. Choose "Community Notifications" from the drop-down menu. On that page, there are subscription options:
- Real Time: sends an email every time a new message is posted.
- Daily Digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the previous day.
- Weekly Digest: sends you an email of all messages, resources, and events posted for that week.
- No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
MemberConnect is set to send Weekly Digests to all Members on Mondays. You can change the day you receive the Weekly Digest in the drop-down menu under Weekly Consolidated Community Digest. To receive Real Time or Daily Digests, select your choice from the drop-down box under Discussion Email. To receive No Email, select that choice from the drop-down under Discussion Email, and uncheck the green box under Consolidated Weekly Digest. Note that the Yes/No toggle is not relevant to your selection and you may ignore it.
Q: How do I respond to others’ posts?
A: To respond to a discussion post, please navigate to the discussion post and click “Reply to Discussion” to send your message to the entire community. To send a message to the only author of the post, please select “Reply to Sender” (located in the "Reply to Discussion" drop-down). We recommend replying to the sender for simple comments like “me, too” that add little value to the overall discussion; and replying to the entire community when you are sharing knowledge, experience or resources that others could benefit from.
Q: How do I start a new discussion thread?
A: There are a several ways to start a new discussion. You can go to the Home page and click on the green "Add" button next to the "Latest Discussions" heading. You can click on Discussions in the blue menu on every page, then click the green "Post New Message" button. And you can click on the "Post New Message" options at the top of your Daily Digest emails - one will send it to everyone by email, the other will post it online and it will go out in the next digest.
Q: I’m having trouble viewing the HTML email messages. How do I fix this?
A: If images are not appearing, it is likely that your email client is set to suppress images. This should be something you can change in your security or viewing options. If you would rather receive text-based email, go to your profile page and click on the "My Account" tab. Choose "Community Notifications" from the drop-down menu. Select the “Plain Text” format option for each of the discussions you are subscribed to.
Libraries | Top
Q: How do I find resources that may have been uploaded by other members?
A: Click on the “Resources” tab and choose Resource Library. All resources uploaded by NQF members and staff will be there. You can also conduct a search in the main menu bar.
Q: Can I search for specific file types?
A: Yes. Enter your desired keyword in the main search box. From the search results page, click "Show Advanced Search." Then click on “Search for Specific File Types.” This gives you the option to specify file type: Document, Image, Spreadsheet, etc.
Q: How do the libraries get populated?
A: The libraries are populated in two ways:
1. When you include an attachment in a discussion post, the system automatically places it in the library.
2. You can also upload documents directly to a library in two ways. You can go to the Home page and click on the green "Add" button next to the "Recently Shared Files" heading. You lick on the “Resources” tab and choose Resource Library, then click the green "Create New Library Entry" button. Library resources are not required to be associated with a discussion thread, but we advise you to let people know through a discussion post that you have posted a library resource, since only Discussion posts (and not Library posts) are included in the Daily Digest emails.
Q: How do I upload a file?
A: After following the directions above, you will see that uploading a document is accomplished by completing a few steps, and each step must be completed before you can move on to the next:
- Choose a title for your document, and include a description (optional). Select the library to which you’d like to upload it. Then, choose an Entry Type (most will be Standard Files, but be cognizant of any copyright licensed material). Once you have completed these steps, please click “Next.”
- Upload your file.
- Select “Next” if you want to further describe your files and/or add hashtags to your file so that they can be found along with other similar files.
- Click “Finish” to post your library entry
Q: What kind of files can I upload?
A: The system supports dozens of file types including hyperlinks, standard files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), webinars, images and YouTube videos.
Q: What are the “tags” for?
A: Hashtags are a great way to organize and categorize content. Tags can be applied to library entries, events, and glossary terms. Tagged items are prioritized in the search results.